Spring is all about renewal, but sprucing up Charlotte NC rental homes for spring doesn’t have to revolve around spring-cleaning! Go a step further and freshen up your rented home with bright spring colors and patterns. Use these decorator hints to help you bring nature’s seasonal beauty indoors in a budget-friendly way.
- Freshen your window treatments. A Tampa shutters company friend suggested to me to add a patterned shade with floral or geometric designs depending on my style, and I liked the idea. Change out any heavy, dark or dour drapes and replace with sheers. These come in white and beige barely-there neutrals or you can choose tone-on-tone stripes or patterns that will filter light attractively and shift with the breeze.
- Add bright accents and accessories. Bring springtime into the living room with a few bright orange throw pillows or add a brightly colored vase or art object to the coffee table. Such little accents make for the perfect birthday gifts for the coffee drinker, no need to gamble on their discerning taste buds this way and you make their place look that much warmer.
- Decorate with fruit and flowers. Citrus fruit colors and aromas signal that spring is here, so add a bowl of red or green apples, lemons or limes to the kitchen counter or dining table. Add spring flower bouquets, green plants or use a single bloom in a clear glass vase for a more sophisticated look.
- Create new wall interest. Purchasing framed art can be expensive–but you can make a DIY statement by framing spring-themed fabric, invitations or drink coasters individually. Choose a bird theme, for instance, and a set of low-cost matching frames. Center and glue each charm or coaster onto matching bright backing or choose different background colors for each. Arrange framed pieces artfully on a living room wall as a set.
- Brighten the bedroom with spring colors. Continue a citrus theme or add touches of robin’s egg blue with springy comforters, throw rugs or pillows.
- Punch up the chest of drawers or lamp. Front the drawers (or cover a lampshade) with patterned, striped, bright solid or floral shelf paper, secured with spray adhesive. Consider replacing drawer pulls while you’re at it.
- Paint something for spring. If it won’t break your Charlotte, NC, home rental agreement, paint one wall or ceiling in tribute to spring. Most ceilings seem loftier in white or cream and/or choose a wall adjacent to or across from a window for a coat of bright spring blue or yellow. A decor object like an old birdcage or floor lamp base can be brightly painted–for smaller shots of color.
For Charlotte-area property management questions, contact T.R. Lawing today.