When preparing your home to be rented, improving curb appeal without breaking the bank is the goal. Adding a few eye-catching improvements while keeping the landscaping and front porch neat and clean will help you quickly win over potential renters. An attractive home will also ensure you get market rent or more for your property. Take a look at our list of impactful home upgrades to enhance curb appeal for NC renters.
Prepare Your Home to Welcome New Renters
Drive up to your home and evaluate it with fresh eyes. What defects do you notice and what features could use a bit of polishing? You don’t need to include all of the following improvements to rent your home, but select those that will make your home appear desirable and unique:
• Replace dingy, bent or broken window blinds, which can easily be seen from the outside of the home.
• Keep the lawn neat and green, and consider adding pops of color with potted plants or flowers on the porch or along the walkway. Repair the driveway if needed.
• Consider purchasing a new front door or painting your current door a bright, but not off-putting, color. This creates a focal point–and makes people feel tempted to enter.
• Think about adding attractive door hardware in high end finishes to impress renters who get close up.
• Add distinctive or oversized house numbers, so renters who’ve seen an ad can find the place. This also adds a sense of stability and modernity.
• Install a new mailbox if yours is worn.
• Wash the siding on the home so that it looks sharp and not neglected in any way.
• Light it up, for potential renters who might drive by after work. Add attractive lighting to the lawn, walkway, and/or along the front fence. A distinctive and impressively elegant porch light fixture will draw attention. Keep indoor lights on during the evening with sheer curtains drawn so the house doesn’t look cold and empty.
• Consider painting the trim on your home if it’s peeling or worn.
These economical tips will brighten up your home and significantly increase its curb appeal for renting. Your home should attract the best qualified renters, rent quickly and command a top-tier rent.
Get Expert Guidance on Renting Out Your Charlotte NC Home
If deciding on home upgrades to attract renters seems daunting, work with an experienced property management team. Contact T.R. Lawing today.