Online criminals are targeting the real estate industry and stealing large sums of money from unwary homebuyers.
Property management is even more inviting.
- Never conduct business over unsecured WiFi
- Change email passwords on a regular basis.
- Use complex passwords with a combination of letters, numbers and special characters
- Prior to wiring any money, speak with the intended recipient.
Our special 30-second “We Manage The Details” ads are scheduled to run at 7:29 am on Mon-Tues-Wedn-Thurs-Fri this coming week (Feb 22-23-24-25-26) on WBT Radio.
The ads run simultaneously on WBT 1110 AM, WBT 99.3 FM and WBT Live Streaming athttp://player.listenlive.co/35321
We will also sponsor the Bloomberg News on WBT 5 times per day these same days.
Give us a shout out on Twitter @TRLawing if you happen to catch us on the radio!
Most weather forecasters, in the Charlotte, NC area, expect low temperatures this weekend between 17⁰ to 23⁰. Brrrr! However, the following tips are great reminders for everyone whether you are a seasoned professional when it comes to winterizing your home or just a fair weather resident.
Low Temperatures = Frozen Pipes!
A few minutes spent winterizing your home nowcan prevent soggy carpets, sagging ceilings, wet clothes, ruined furniture and the inability to take a hot shower.
Here are some tips:
- Where is your water cut-off valve?
- Do you know where & how to quickly turn off the water to your unit if a pipe bursts?
- The cut-off valve is probably in a closet or garage.
- Check out our DIY video at www.trlawing.com/videosfor easy instructions
- How about any outside faucets?
- Disconnect & drain all garden hoses
- Shut off the pipes to outside faucets, if possible.
- Wrap or install covers over all outside faucets
- How about your foundation vents?
- Close all foundation vents.
- It saves money on your heating bill too.
- How about your irrigation system?
- Drain your irrigation system
- Turn ‘off’ the irrigation system controller
- Look Up
- Are there dead limbs overhanging your car, porch or roof?
- Move your car?
- Keep kitchen & bath pipes warm
- Open the cabinet doors under kitchen and bath sinks to prevent freezing.
- If shower pipes are on outside walls, leave the shower head dripping on sub-freezing nights.
- Check all exterior doors
- If you can see daylight under a door, place a rolled towel in front of it.
- Does your pet have adequate shelter, dry bedding, food & water?
- How about your furnace filter?
- If you change furnace filters every 90 days, your furnace will run lessand your interior air will be cleaner.
- Check out our DIY video at www.trlawing/videos for easy instructions.
- How about your fireplace?
- If you use your fireplace in the winter, close the doors.
- If the firebox is cold, close the chimney flue to save heat.
- Have you changed the batteries in your CO2/Smoke Detector lately?
- Is your car prepared?
- Do you have a scraper, blanket, flashlight & snack food in your car?
- Is your gas tank at least ½ full? It adds weight and prevents condensation.
- Will you be out of town?
- Have someone check your home regularly.
T. R. LAWING REALTY, INC.
Your Residential Rental Specialists
T. R. Lawing Realty, Inc. processed 173 rental applications in January or 8.24 applications per day which made it our busiest January ever!
And it looks like the accelerator is still pressed on the floor as 65 potential residents applied in the first 6 days of February or 10.8 per day!
In one case, we have 6 applications for the same 3 bedroom, 2 bath house offered at $950/month. Sadly, 5 qualified applicants will have to keep looking.
Spring is still 40 days away.
We need more vacancies! We need a lot more vacancies!
On March 15, we urge every North Carolinian to vote “for” the bond referendum. The $2 billion package will connect North Carolina to the 21st century through statewide investments in education, parks, safety, recreation, and water and sewer infrastructure without a tax increase. Visit connect.nc.gov for more details and please vote “for” the bonds.