For many people, the summer months come with a great deal of sweat and frustration, not to mention an increase in energy bills. Fortunately, there are some things you can do to stay cool and comfortable, while also keeping your power consumption under control. Here are some handy tips from the property management experts Charlotte NC trusts – TR Lawing!
1. Change air conditioning filters on a regular basis, as even a little dust can affect your system’s efficiency.
2. Keep windows and blinds closed during the hottest part of the day.
3. Avoid using large appliances such as clothes dryers and dishwashers during the day, as they tend to let off a great deal of heat.
4. Install ceiling fans in the rooms you occupy most often.
5. Cook with small appliances such as a crock pot or microwave whenever possible. Use your stove only at night or in the early morning.
6. Plant large trees around your home, particularly on the south side, to provide you with some shade.
7. Keep television sets, lamps, and other electronic devices away from your thermostat. These things generate heat, and may artificially elevate the temperature of a room, causing your unit to run more than necessary.
8. Turn off all unnecessary electrical items, such as computers, lamps and even alarm clocks.
9. Have your duct work inspected for leaks, and seal and insulate as needed to prevent air loss.
10. Avoid using a dehumidifier while your air conditioner is running, as this could actually cause it to work harder to keep your home cool. Instead, look for a unit that performs both functions.
These things are all very simple, but will make a tremendous difference in the way you feel. For any questions you may have about the top property management Charlotte NC has to offer, contact the experts at TR Lawing today!